The Cyprus Photographic Society – Pafos Branch organizes the contest The Wall 2020 aiming to exhibit large pictures in an outdoor public space. Through photographers’ contribution both in Cyprus and abroad, a wall in the city centre will be covered with 30 photos. The event is part of the programme of events of the Months of Photography Paphos (MoPP2020) photo festival. This is the 5th edition of the event.
The photo installation will remain in place for 10 months and it is expected to be visited by more than 40 000 people.
The participants are requested to send up to five colour photographs (landscape orientation only). The theme could be either URBAN or STREET PHOTOGRAPHY.
DEADLINE: 03rdOctober 2020, 23:59 (GMT)
- Public Installation for 10 months.
Top 30 photographs will be exhibited in Pafos city center (main square) for 300 days. The position and duration of the exhibition maximizes the visibility of your photos. We estimate that more than 40 000 people will visit and see your work. Printing, mounding and installation are covered by the organizers. Information about the artist and contact info will be also displayed.
Top 60 photos will be projected in several events of the CPS in the main cities of Cyprus.
The project will be published in local magazines and newspapers.
The photos will be assessed by a committee which comprises of the following 3 members:
Thank to our sponsor FOTOLARKO there is a 33% reduction to the participation fee this year.
PARTICIPATION FEE: €10 for5 photos.
The participation fee could be paid by one of these two ways:
- paypal at the account: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deposit to the account: 651-101-006665-7 of ALPHA BANK CYPRUS.
- For wire transfers: IBAN: CY55 0090 0651 0006 5110 1006 6657, SWIFT: ABKLCY2N
ACCOUNT NAME: CYPRUS PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY – ΦΩΤΟΓΡΑΦΙΚΗ ΕΤΑΙΡΕΙΑ ΚΥΠΡΟΥ (GREEK)
Any way you choose, please send a copy/jpg of the receipt at email@example.com
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Theme: Urban or Street Photography.
• Photo orientation: Landscape only. Photos will be displayed in a 2:3 scale format.
• Each photographer will have to send the photos in digital form electronically to the email firstname.lastname@example.org until the 3rd October 2020 (attached files).
• If the photos depict individuals without their knowledge or without their approval, the responsibility lies to the photographer who owns the work and not the organizers.
• Each photographer can participate with up to five photographs (maximum).
• The photos’ size could be from 1000 to 1400 pixels long side at 300 dpi resolution (for this part of the competition). Winners will be called to send their photos in highest resolution possible (at least 3000pixels at 300dpi) after the announcement of the results.
• The cost of participation in the competition is set at 10 euro Participation without a paid entry fee will not be accepted.
• The entry fee may be paid via paypal or bank transfer/deposit as explained above. In each case, a copy/photo of the payment receipt should be attached to the email with the participant’s photographs.
• The organizers reserve the right to use the selected photos for promotional reasons in the future, with reference to the photographer.
• Participations from abroad are mostly welcomed.
• There is no limitation of the place where the photos have been captured.
• The maximum number of entries in the final exhibition of The Wall for each participant is 2 photos. There is no limitation for the projections.
IMPORTANT: Please copy and paste the following passage in your email when you apply for the competition:
RESULTS / REPORTS / OTHER INFO
- The results will be announced in the official website of the CPS-Pafos Branch (www.cpspafos.com), in the Official website of the CPS (www.cps.com.cy) and in social media. Also, an email with the results will be send to all participants.
- Thirty photos will be selected for the exhibition.
- Sixty photos will be selected for the projections.
- The photos will be exhibited in the centre of Pafos city.
- The projections will take place in all cities of Cyprus.
- The opening of the installation/exhibition will be held on 17.10.2020 .
- The photos will be printed and installed for outdoor exposure in 53cm X 80cm.
- The scale of the photos should be 2:3 (ready by the photographer) otherwise the curator of the exhibition will have to adjust the photo.
- The organizers (CPS-PAFOS BRANCH) will bear the cost of printing and preparation of outdoor installation/exhibition.
- Therefore the only cost for the photographer is the entry fee with the opportunity to have his/her work exhibited to thousands of viewers.
- The results and exhibitions will be advertised in the Media and internet.
Photographs of previous winners:
- 2019 https://cpspafos.com/2019/06/27/the-wall-2019-results/
- 2018 https://cpspafos.com/2018/06/03/the-wall-results-2/
- 2017 https://cpspafos.com/2017/05/10/the-wall-results/
- 2016 https://cpspafos.com/2016/09/26/%ce%b5%ce%ba%ce%b8%ce%b5%cf%83%ce%b7-2%ce%bf%cf%85-%cf%86%cf%89%cf%84%ce%bf%ce%bc%ce%b1%cf%81%ce%b1%ce%b8%cf%89%ce%bd%ce%b9%ce%bf%cf%85/
ΓΙΑ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΑ ΠΑΤΗΣΤΕ ΕΔΩ :