The Paphos Branch of the Cyprus Photographic Society announces the event Public Art 2019. This is the 4th edition of this successful event since 2016. The purpose of this event is the exhibition for 42 days of photographic projects-stories at several public spaces at no extra cost. The participants are requested to send a portfolio of 4 to 10 photos which will be associated with either photographer’s personal preferences or an idea or a part of a project or even a story telling situation. Each participant is free to choose his/her own theme. It is important to clarify that we are seeking for a thematic portfolio, a story, and not a set of the participant’s best shooting photos!
EXTENED DEADLINE: 21st April 2019, 23:59 (GMT)
An assessment of the proposals by a committee of judges will be made based on the following criteria:
- The contiguity of the photos to the specific subject.
- The coherence of all photos as a united set.
- The artistic and sensational quality of the set of photos.
- The uniqueness of the proposal
- Solo exhibitions for 42 days – Top 10 stories will be exhibited in 10 different spaces in Pafos city for 42 days at no extra cost. Printing, mounding and installation are covered by the organizers. Information about the artist and contact info will be also displayed [Exhibition Duration: 20th May – 30th June.
- Central exhibition – Top 5 stories will be exhibited in Athens in collaboration with iFocus gallery in Autumn 2019.
- Projections – Top 15 stories will be projected in two different locations: a. House of Letters and Arts, Pafos and b. Fotodos Photography Club, Nicosia.
- Publications – Top 10 stories will be published in PHOTOnet magazine, one of the most popular photography magazines in Greece. Also, reports about the winners will be posted in the web.
- 25% Discount – All participants will get a 25% discount on fee payment for next year’s PUBLIC ART open call.
The photos will be assessed by a committee which comprises of the following 3 members:
- Early Bird fee: €15 for entries received until 20th March 2019.
- CPS Members: €15
- Late participation: €20 for entries received after 20th March 2019.
The participation fee could be paid by one of these two ways:
- paypal at the account: email@example.com
- Deposit to the account: 651-101-006665-7 of ALPHA BANK CYPRUS.
- For wire transfers: IBAN: CY55 0090 0651 0006 5110 1006 6657, SWIFT: ABKLCY2N, Account Name: Cyprus Photographic Society / Φωτογραφική Εταιρεία Κύπρου
Any way you choose, please send a copy of the receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- Each photographer can participate with more than one stories. Each story should be submitted differently. Along with the photos, a brief artist’s statement (max 100 words) must be also sent; this statement should describe the theme selected in brief or whatever the photographer wishes to mention for his/her submitted work.
- Each photographer must send the photos by email:
- Send your photos and artist’s statement at email@example.com
- Write PUBLIC ART in the subject-title of the email.
- Each photo must be named with the portfolio title followed by an increasing numbering. For example, if the portfolio title is “A walk at the city”, then each photo should be named as ‘A walk at the city 01’, ‘A walk at the city 02’, ‘A walk at the city 03’, e.t.c.
- In case the photos represent people who were photographed without taking notice or without taking their permission, any responsibility lies on the photographer who made the shooting and not the Cyprus Photography Society (CPS) – Paphos Department.
- The large side of the submited photos must be at least 2400 pixels at 300 dpi.
- The participation fee is €20. Members of the Cyprus Photography Society, last years’ (2018) participants and early submissions (until 20th March) are eligible at a 25% discount. Participations without paying the participation fees in advance will not be accepted.
- The Cyprus Photography Society (CPS) – Paphos Department has the right to use the photos which will be prized for the promotion of this exhibition (as well as for any other promotion activities in future), with reference to the name of the artist with the selected portfolio.
- Latest submission date: 14th of April, 2019.
- Photos that had been exhibited in previous Public Art exhibitions cannot be submitted even as part of a new portfolio.
- Participation from abroad are accepted.
- The way each portfolio will be exhibited (size and display) may vary according to each space of exhibition.
Results / Exhibition
- The results and exhibitions will be advertised in the Media and internet.
- The selected participant photographers will be asked to submit a brief biography.
- The Cyprus Photography Society (CPS) – Paphos Department will be responsible to cover ALL COSTS and services for the exhibitions: printing, framing or mounding, hanging.
View Previous Winners
Organised By Cyprus Photographic Society